Wednesday, April 17, 2002

The Debate Begins

Whoa now! First, I was exaggerating with my call to mission. I do things like that, Max is right. Second, there is no way I could put it better than Max did below: logical, heartfelt, passionate, on target. There are no limitations to what may be submitted and the blogging community is as diverse as the day is long, but there are basic guidelines to what the book represents: the U.S. was attacked unjustly by terrorists, over 3,000 people from all over the world were wiped from the face of the earth on a day of grievous tragedy, and not one of them "deserved it." Beyond that, it's wide open.

I find this particular discussion both strange and funny, because I consider myself to be a "liberal," but I'm a liberal in the same way Charles Johnson, Matt Welch, and Ken Layne are: love everybody, be inclined to help them and think the best of them, but if they crash airplanes into your buildings, or blow themselves up at your wedding, then track the bastards down and exterminate them like the vermin they are. Have a nice day.